Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rockin Documentary, I AM


I AM.  Great title.  Great documentary.  Great for so many reason, but the title tells it all.  It's the filmmaker, Tom Shadyac, taking responsibility.  "What's wrong with the world?  I AM," he says.  He's not alone.  If we really sit back and take an honest look at ourselves, many of us would join him in this statement and maybe there would be some serious change. 


Sometimes just saying the words out loud and admitting that you are part of the bigger problem is enough to shift your way of being and doing and this affects everyone.  This is one man's contribution to the shift of me, me, me to US; the human race as a whole.


He leads us through a meditation on finding the joy and meaning in the small aspects of life and leaving the excessive materialism behind.  "Things" aren't what makes a life meaningful. 


One of my favorite bits of information was that we are the only life force that takes more than we need.  A redwood tree only takes the nutrients from the soil that it needs to grow and nothing more.  A lion only kills one animal to feed himself, not the entire pack.  Humans take well over our fair share and leave others starving and dying while turning a blind eye.  So true and so sad.


We are all connected.  What we do at the individual level affects the global environment.  I know I don't want to be part of the problem!  Do you?  I want to be a part of the crowd that says, "What's right with the world?  I AM."

Go open your eyes!
I AM The Documentary

~PL&C~

No comments:

Post a Comment