Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Ocean Bliss


There’s something truly magical and inspiring about the ocean.  Maybe it’s the fact that it’s so powerful and unpredictable or maybe it’s the salty air that intoxicates me and makes me feel like I can do anything. 
Whatever it is, when I’m near the ocean there is a distinct place deep inside that gets touched and awakened.  I feel invincible, loving, acutely alive and free.  Any restrictions in life seem minute and I get the sense that I posses all the answers I could ever need.
With one good gulp of that sea air, I’m transported into a time that stands still and my inner life as well as the world around me is at peace.   What a gift nature is.  It provides all that we could possibly wish for and so many of us don’t take the time to soak it all in and allow nature to win us over, give us answers and calm us from our everyday nuisances.  I am so thankful for the days the ocean carries me away and reminds me that I am but a mere spec in the grand scheme of it all.
Be kind to our oceans!
~PL&C~

1 comment:

  1. Nature is so healing! My acupuncturist actually prescribed me more time in nature! More specifically, taking my shoes off and walking in the grass or on the sand every day. When I do this, I feel peaceful and invigorated at the same time - except the one time I stepped in dog pee at the park.....

    Love this post!

    ReplyDelete